Monday, October 4, 2010

The Wife Won

Sometimes in life, you have to concede to the wife. I love my wife to death, and I appreciate her keeping my feet on the ground, and my head in the clouds. As you all know, I am a little obsessed with college football. There were sooooo many good games on this weekend, it was virtually impossible to catch them all. Yet, my wife was quick to remind me that there was something more important on: General Conference.

Twice a year, my church does a world wide broadcast. It is four hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday. This weekend was that conference. I had the predicament of watching football, or being spiritually enlightened. Of course my mind wanted to pick football, but my wife reminded me of what was really important. She reminded me that if Prophets and Apostles were speaking to the world, which I believe my church leaders to be, wouldn't it be more important to listen to them. Begrudgingly I agreed with her, and we decided to watch conference together.

Then my wife had a stroke of brilliance, she suggested that we DVR the games. That way I could get the best of both worlds. So we DVRed the Oregon game, as well as the Alabama game. Although I didn't get to see all the games I wanted, I was grateful that my wife reminded me of my more important priorities. After all, they are just games; at least that last weekend they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment