Wednesday, October 6, 2010

What Is A Leader?

There is a certain player of BYU's football team who made some interesting comments yesterday. When I heard what he said, I could not believe my ears. The player was criticizing his team for not having heart, being lazy, and not caring about their season. It would be one thing if this was coming from a leader on the team, but this guy's hands are so slippery he has had more fumbles than catches (and no that is not an exaggeration)!

When I think of a leader, you have to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk. I hate to see other players call people out, when they are not doing anything to help the team, in fact, most of time they are part of the problem on the team.

This is what I think should be a leader: plays hard in practice, performs at a high level in games, takes responsibility, makes others better around him, and demands the respect of his team. If you want to be critical of your team in any way, you better have the respect and the stats to back it all up.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment